Spring has officially arrived in Vancouver, and that means it’s time to think about getting your rigid inflatable boat ready for the water!
Here’s a short list of things to check when you take your RIB out of winter storage. Remember to read your owner’s manual for instructions specific to your make and model. Or, contact us at Dueck Marine and we can help you with your spring maintenance.
1. Check valves and inflated tubes for leaks. Mix a mild liquid soap or dish detergent with water in a spray bottle and spray around valves and all over the tubes. You'll see bubbles form where there are small punctures or leaks.
2. Visually inspect all belts, cables and hoses for cracks or worn areas. Pay special attention to the fuel system, including connections and tanks.
3. Check the electrical system for corrosion. Remove the terminals and carefully clean the electrical connections with a wire brush. All electrical systems should be periodically inspected by a qualified electrical technician.
4. If you didn’t drain the fuel and change the filters and engine oil before you put your inflatable boat away for the winter, now’s the time to do it. Replace or top up all fluids.
5. Inspect the hull and propeller for warping, cracks, pitting and blisters.
6. Check all your safety gear, such as life jackets and on-board fire extinguishers.
7. Make sure your boat trailer is in good shape & ready to use.
8. Cross your fingers for lots of sunny days to enjoy your inflatable boat – we need all the help we can get with that here in the Vancouver area!